Friday, April 1, 2011

Lovin'

"My son smells like another woman's perfume." This thought crossed my mind tonight as I took Logan from the car to his bed. You see every other Friday night we go to our church's married couples group and sweet Logan goes into the nursery. Every other Friday night a wonderfully sweet older woman takes Logan from us and distracts him while we leave, the same wonderful woman is holding him each time we pick him up from the nursery. Tonight he fell asleep in her lap while she rocked him in the rocking chair (which if you know my son is a miracle in and of itself!).
So when I got home as I moved him from the car to his crib I smelled her perfume on Logan and smiled. I smiled remembering the very first time we dropped him off in the church nursery when he was about 5 months old. I remember calling my mom after picking him up and being kind of sad that Logan didn't smell like my perfume that day. My mom in all her wisdom told me what a beautiful thing this truly is that Logan is being loved on and cared for by another person. My mom couldn't have been more right!
The women in the nursery on Friday nights all have nick-names for Logan ranging from Logie to Loge, they all smile when they see him and at times wave at him from the hallway as we get him all signed in.
I love that others show my son love and love on him while I am away. What a blessing.

1 comment: